1st ASEAN Diagnosticians Forum
Date: 15 - 16 Dec 2015
The inaugural ASEAN Diagnosticians Forum for plant health diagnosticians and managers was held at the Putrajaya Marriott Hotel, Malaysia from 15 - 16 December 2015.
The objectives of the ASEAN Forum were:
- To review progress in enhancing diagnostic capacity in the ASEAN member countries (including progress through the ASEAN Regional Diagnostic Network (ARDN) Project)
- Identify regional gaps, assess global and discipline-specific technical developments
- Re-assess needs and propose future directions
The Forum also provided an important means of evaluating ARDN Project outcomes. The Forum Program included presentations and group discussion on different topics related to diagnostic capacity in the ASEAN region.
- ASEAN Regional Diagnostic Network Project background and overview
- ARDN Clearing House: Establishment and future priorities
- Diagnostics and surveying for pest fungi in the ASEAN region
- Diagnostics and surveying for pest nematodes in the ASEAN region
- Diagnostic capacity building in the Pacific and Asia
- Introduction to discussion sessions
- Benefits and shortcomings of ARDN Project
- Criteria for selecting topics for capacity building
- Role of universities and research organisations
- Capacity building methods
- Reference collections and databases
- Diagnostic standards
- Major activities requiring diagnostic assistance
- ASEAN Regional Diagnostic Network
The results of several group discussions on several topics related to diagnostic capability of ASEAN has been prepared as “Summary of Outcomes” and distributed to participants for further comments.